Special COVID-19 Message
Academic advising appointments with CoA+A academic advisors (see below) will continue while UNC Charlotte is monitoring the Coronavirus situation. Your advisor(s) will be working remotely; advising will be conducted by email, phone, and/or video chat, depending on instructions from your advisor. Please check your UNC Charlotte email frequently and follow instructions from your academic advisor.
For change-of-major and/or admissions questions about the College of Arts + Architecture, please see below:
Pass/No Credit Option for Spring 2020
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Faculty Executive Committee has voted to create an exception to the UNC Charlotte grading policy for Spring 2020. This change gives students the option to request Pass/No Credit grades to replace standard letter grades for any or all of their Spring 2020 courses at the completion of the semester. Instruction for all courses will continue, and faculty will provide letter grades as usual at the end of the semester. Students who wish to accept their letter grade for a course will still have that option.
Please go here for the most recent COVID-19 Niner Notices, including information on campus services, residence halls, FAQs, and an inquiry form. Campus remains open with reduced operations; most faculty and staff will be working remotely. Some services (such as the student health center,Career Center, etc.) are available to students, but schedules and delivery modes may vary.
Please take care of yourselves and each other, and stay in touch with your advisors and your faculty. Let us know how we can support you during this time!
Who to Contact:
- Email your academic advisor with advising and/or registration questions.
- Email your faculty with questions about your spring 2020 courses.
- With questions related to Coronavirus, check the Niner Notice website and if you don't find an answer, submit your question via this form.
- If you’re not sure who to ask, email or call Elena Payne-Wiens, Assistant Dean for Advising & Assessment (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-687-0876)
The College of Arts + Architecture (CoA+A) has a wealth of resources available for students seeking academic and professional advice. These resources include professional Academic Advisors, Undergraduate Studies Coordinators, and faculty mentors.
CoA+A Advising Mission
The mission of the College of Arts + Architecture Academic Advising Program is to create an information-sharing and decision-making framework that requires students to be active participants in their education, which in turn enables them to identify and accomplish their educational, personal, and career-related goals. Advising in the CoA+A is a collaborative process between students, advisors, and faculty that promotes academic success, encourages timely progression through degrees, and connects students with resources and opportunities within the CoA+A and UNC Charlotte.
- My UNC Charlotte: Banner Self-Service, CONNECT, Degree Works, etc.
- GPA Calculator
- General Education Requirements
- Academic Calendar
- General Academic Advising
- Academic Advising FAQs
- Academic Plans of Study for All Majors
- Academic Plans of Study for All Minors
- Undergraduate Academic Programs
- University Calatogs
- Undergraduate Graduation Application
- Graduate Graduation Application
- Undergraduate Academic Petition Form
- Transient Study Form
- Grade Replacement Policy and Online Form
- Audit and Pass/No Credit Form
- Use of Student Works Form
- Graduate students should contact advisors in their program of study, found on the Graduate School's website.
- Undergraduate students can locate their Academic Advisor through CONNECT, My UNC Charlotte, or through departmental contact link.