The Department of Dance invites prospective students to a twice-yearly open house that provides prospective students opportunities to take classes, meet faculty members and current students, and find out more about scholarships, financial aid, and opportunities within the department. Faculty and staff also welcome the opportunity to get to know prospective students and their families.
UNC Charlotte Department of Dance does not require an audition for acceptance; auditions are for placement only. Admission to the Professional Training Certificate in Dance with Charlotte Ballet does, however, require an audition. To schedule an audition, contact Delia Neil, Certificate Coordinator. Information about auditions for the Professional Training Certificate with Charlotte Ballet is available here. If you audition for the certificate program in a city other than Charlotte, you may consider this your UNC Charlotte Department of Dance placement audition. Be sure to notify the Department of Dance that you’ve auditioned with Charlotte Ballet.
Virtual Open Houses
Required for All Dance Majors entering Spring 2021. This virtual open house will include movement sessions, a chance to meet the faculty, information sessions, and the opportunity for prospective students to chat with current students.
Choose between two dates: Saturday, November 21, 10-12 p.m or January 30, 9-12 pm.
- Meet and Greet with Faculty - 10 minutes (Students and Parents/Guardians)
- Movement Sessions (Ballet, Modern, and Afro-Brazilian) - 15 minutes each (Students)
- Informational Session - 45 minutes (Parents/Guardians)
- Student Choreography Presentations - 15 minutes
- Question and Answer Session with Faculty - 15 minutes (Students and Parents/Guardians)
- Question and Answer Session with Current Students -15 minutes (Students)
We recommend that you apply for admission to UNC Charlotte by November 2 if attending the Fall Open House and February 1 if attending the Spring Open House.
For information about Freshmen/Transfer Scholarships, please click here.
For additional questions, please contact:
Delia Neil | Undergraduate Coordinator