The Department of Music hosts Woodwind Day 2021, a free virtual workshop for high school woodwind students featuring warm-ups, master classes, and small-group instruction with UNC Charlotte woodwind faculty and performances and discussions with special guests, flutist Kathleen Nester and the Akropolis Quintet (pictured).
What you will need:
- Warmed-up self: please be alert and ready to participate and wear comfortable clothing.
- Assembled instrument: we will do warm-ups together so please have your instrument ready to participate.
What you should know:
- UNC Charlotte faculty will lead each teaching session.
- We encourage your cameras on for full participation in our Woodwind Day.
- Check out the schedule below for more information.
9:45 am Zoom log in
10:00 am Welcome and large-group activities
10:30 am Instrument specific group warm-ups
10:45 am Student performances with live feedback from UNC Charlotte Faculty*
*If you are interested in performing, please indicate this on the registration form
11:45 am Welcome to Campus from Department of Music Chair, Dr. Joe Skillen
12:00 pm Break for lunch
1:00 pm Guest flutist Kathleen Nester presentation / Q&A / Performance
1:30pm Preparing Better Auditions: UNC Charlotte faculty share their knowledge
2:00 pm Akropolis Quintet presentation / Q&A
2:30 pm Akropolis Quintet performance
3:15 pm Closing and large-group activities
3:30 pm END
UNC Charlotte Woodwind Faculty
Will Campbell, saxophone
Jennifer Dior, flute
Joshua Hood, bassoon
Jessica Lindsey, clarinet
Ben Still, saxophone
Elizabeth Sullivan, oboe